BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Off Season" by Jack Ketchum


Synopsis - (from goodreads.com)

A family of savage murderers preys on unsuspecting tourists on a small island off the coast of Maine.

~~~~~~~~~~

Rating: 2 out of 5


Genre: Horror, Thriller

"Off Season" was simply OK. It was not thrilling or suspenseful in any way. Ketchum's writing style caused me to re-read many of the sentences to be sure I understood what exactly he was saying.

I got lost at times. It could have been because the story bored me through most of the book. This was probably not Ketchum's fault as the editors tore his original to shreds during the editing process.

If you are looking for something exciting, this is a never-read. If you are looking for something to read because there is nothing else available, this is the book for you. I do not think Ketchum's style is for me. Live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment